Wednesday, November 23, 2011

327 - Dragonsinger


This is not the image I was going to post today - but then I heard that Anne McCaffrey had died. I feel such a profound sense of loss. I loved her characters - so much so that when I needed a nickname to use on bulletin boards (before the internet was invented) I chose 'dragonsinger' (drgnsngr) - the character this book is about is a woman, a mother, a singer, a musician, and a teacher. At the time I chose the name I was all of these except teacher - now I am a teacher too. And I'm known to many as dragonsinger - the name has stuck! 

I'm closing my computer down and going to re-read (for the umpteenth time) Dragonsinger, Harper of Pern - and once again imagine myself soaring high on the dragons of Anne's imagination.

RIP Anne - I hope you're soaring on your gold dragon forever.


2 comments: